S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
I have C.L.W.E.A.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first post in what probably will be a very long project. The goals are simple

1. fix what's broken and leaking.

2. Figure out a way to get power to the ground.

3. Handling.

4. Looks make the dents go away.

It seems simple enough

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good luck with the project, look forward to seeing some pics

·
I have C.L.W.E.A.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got a start on this project. I put the truck up on stands and tried to hunt down the transmission leak. The usual suspects were checked... Dipstick, seated and dry. Cooler lines at the trans,dry. The culprit was cooler lines where they were cut and spliced when the previous owner "didn't" replace the engine. I tightened the clamps 4 turns. I'll check again tonight to see if that fixed it. Next niggle is the rotted freeze plugs. I have some nice brass replacements.

·
I have C.L.W.E.A.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coolant leak is stopped. Now to hunt down the trans leak....

Looks like some manifold end seal seepage but its getting closer to being road worthy.

·
I have C.L.W.E.A.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok purchases are starting to roll in new distributor, 2/3 spindle and block kit, traction bars, chrome moly tubular upper arms, steering linkage overhaul kit, electric fan and lower arm bushings. I have lots to do before this thing is safe to drive.

Oh the trans is still leaking and I can't find the source. It's almost to the point of me yanking the trans and getting a new one just to have one that doesn't leak.

·
I have C.L.W.E.A.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope I can share some progress photos but at this point I'm at the mercy of various shipping companies. I can say this truck will have no excuse for bad handling.

·
I have C.L.W.E.A.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Santa showed up in his brown truck today. He dropped off billsteins, a 2/3 drop kit, 3000cfm 16" fan and rear brake shoes. Earlier this week he dropped off a front end rebuild kit, tubular control arms and a 3" single exhaust. I have to send my tubular upper arms back because they are not s10 (well one might be).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts