S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i'm sure everyone knows the speed govenor on our trucks is quite annoying. I have found a way to do away with this at the flick of a switch but i'm not so sure i want to share the secret . Now i know you're sayin, "Man what an ass!" But trust me i've been to 135 in my poor little 4 banger and it doesn't feel safe. As a matter of fact i've only used the switch a few times to prove a point to a 4.3 or two. I don't want to be responsible for sumone killing themselves and not to mention this switch also turns off your ABS(which can be important above 100mph) and your odometer(that means odometer fraud). I'm still thinkin about it so don't get me wrong here . I'll post on this soon. Thanx

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Come on man how is it done??

YOu gotta tell us. Just put a warning athte bottom that it is an AT YOUR OWN RISK MOD!!!!! I have been ahead in several races lately and know that I would have continued to win had I not run into that stupid governor!!! Oh well I guess you'll tell us if you want to!

BUT I WANT TO CAST MY VOTE FOR YOU TO GIVE OUT THE SECRET!!!!

Mike D

·
Registered
34 Posts
come on man give it out i need it i got my tail dragging behind all the time.

spill the beans,

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Couldn't you just put a switch that did the same thing that the switch for the emergency brake does (without engaging the E-Brake)?

DogP

·
Icy S-10
54 Posts
:D :D All he did was installed a switch at the vehicle speed sensor. He then opens and closes the circuit that sends the signal to the engine computer with the switch.:evilg: :evilg: :bash: :uhoh:

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Either that or he unhooked the plug in on the tranny or wired it from that to a switch and did it that way

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Hrmmmm 135 in a 4cyl? I have to see it to believe it. And just exactly how did you know you were going 135?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey if you guys think yur onto something, go for it! Thats how i've done half the lil tricks to my truck by trying and i've only had it 8 months!. As for me doing 135 ? Belive it . My buddy was right next to me with his 98 trans am(12.66 ET). Granted it took forever for the thing to get there but i didn't notice any other s-series next to me either. Unbelivably the X-trucks have very poor areodynamics and you can tell at speeds above 100. My suspension is also stock so things tend to feel a lil floaty as well. Don't belive me? Lemme know next time your in Glen Burnie, MD and ask a few of the s-series boys around here about a white regular cab 2.2 extreme around here. They all know to well. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
on 94 that has only rear abs all i have to do to get rid of the govenor is to pull the fuse to the abs. this will disable the speedometer and odometer.

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
huh

Well, I tried the taking the abs fuse out and that didn't work! Oh well now it's time to try to disconnect the VSS sensor. Now where is that thing again? (I've got a 5 speed!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts