S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still new and I did a quick search for it on here and didn't see anything, but I need to know how to take the door panels off of a 96. I found the thread on how to take the 98+ doorpanels off, but its different for 94-97. When I tried to do it, I could get it loose but something around the armrest was holding it on, and I'd rather not break anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
It's a Blue thing...
12,413 Posts
There is a plastic strip you take out of the arm rest and underneath are 2 bolts that must be removed before it will come off.

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Blue said:
There is a plastic strip you take out of the arm rest and underneath are 2 bolts that must be removed before it will come off.
No, I've got those out, theres something holding it on more towards the rear of the armrest.

·
·
6,837 Posts
just pull real hard or get a sawzall

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bondoville said:
just pull real hard or get a sawzall
If I can avoid it, I'd really like to not **** anything up

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JMew03 said:
did u take the window thing off
No, I didn't even think that far, because theres still something holding it on the end of the arm rest. But even if I did figure out the armrest problem, do the handles just unscrew?

·
bodydropped on 22s!
10,643 Posts
yeah use some needles noes plies to get the clip off.. its a pain with out the right tool. good luck!

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just went outside and looked at it really fast and loosened those two screws. I don't know, maybe the window handle is the only thing keeping it from coming off. I don't really have time to work on it today, but hopefully thats the only thing. Thanks guys.

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JMew03 said:
u can kind of see it in this picture
Yeah theres that screw and then the two in the arm rest.

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now that I think of it, I may have trouble getting around the door handle too, because its shaped differently.

·
bodydropped on 22s!
10,643 Posts
well if all those are off and the window crank is off just start pulling.
they are hard to get off for a reason. dont be scared

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think once I get the crank off I should be able to get it off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts