S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was just wondering what the best upgrades for a 94 2.2 were? I just ordered a superchip, and I am thinking about an intake, underdrive pulleys, and hopefully an exhaust soon. Which are the best? I see www.sportruckspecialties.com has an intake/pulley set for $330. Is this a good deal? Is the STS intake good, or is the Volant or K&N better? What does that piece that attaches to the intake (MAF I think?) do? Also what does an electric fan do? Is it so the fan is not connected to the belt to free up power running the fan? Which of these give me the most performance? Also does the pulley set mess up my speedometer or anything else (I don't remember where I heard it, but it doesn't really make much sense to me)? Also does anyone make headers for the 94 2.2? I almost have the truck looking like I want it to, so now I want a little more performance. Thanks,

DogP

·
Accent, what accent
781 Posts
do the fan. it will take the load off the engine and free up @5-7 rwhp. as far as intake ask around ,I personally have a K&N. the exhaust will be a big help too. I've never been to fond of doing pullies too many problems w/charging. just my thoughts.
JOHN

·
low and slow
430 Posts
the pullies wont mess up your speedometer. Ive got the sts intake and it works great. Some people say the volant or k&n are better cause there plastic and they dont get as hot and create more h.p. but its not gonna give u more than 1 h.p.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would do the intake,fan,and maybe some exhaust now and wait for the pulleys later on . Just so you know MAF stands for Mass Air Flow sensor which 2.2s don't have.

·
Registered
217 Posts
a few companies make headersfor the 2.2 check out pacesetter,sts, kamakazie, and hotshot.

the fan replaced with an electric will help u rev out quicker but u really wont notice the hp gain unless u have a dyno...u can also change out the thermoustat to get a little more hp by installing one that allows the engine to run cooler but again the hpgains wont be noticible unlessyou do dyno testing or drag strip testing

as far as intakes go hotshot has an ok one i think i like the one from sts a little better but its almost designed too big for the small ass throttle bodie on the 94's. if possible get the k$n unit if u live in cali and get harrased by copsand they lift your hood and see no carb sticker on your aftermarket intake system you might be looking at a fix-it-ticket and a trip to the local smog ref :drinkhaha :drinkhaha :bash: :bash:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts