S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after losing a deal on the NICEST S-10 EVER (its a long story that i dont want to elaborate on right now), I am pondering my intentions. I really like S-10 Xtremes (duh, I'm always asking u pros about them :p ) but I have always dreamed of having a fast car and while you guys say its not important, to me it kinda is. . . Its been my goal to have a fast car since as long as i can remember (literally) so I have to have something thats pretty quick. . . I just want to know what an S-10 4.3L (both auto and manual) will do with a supercharger and some bolt ons like flowmaster 40, CAI, MAYBE 3.43 gears, Power Pulleys, E-Fan, and all that good stuff. Would the 0-60 be under 6 seconds? could it run high 13s low 14s with these mods??

What I would REALLY want is a GMC Syclone but my pops wont let me get one because he says the insurance would be astronomical - this is, unfortunately, true, right?

·
limeade
3,302 Posts
A Ex cab 4.3 auto with A 3" Straight thru exhaust and 2.25" Y-pipe, a tune, a locker, good tires and a blower running 9 psi could run high-mid 13's no problem.

EDIT: I've worked too hard for you not to get an S10 now, lol. I was really the same way as you, with wanting something fast for my first car/truck. I got the 4.3 s10 and let me tell you, I can get in plenty of trouble with it, just soo much torque to roast tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"just soo much torque to roast tires." LOL, I laughed when I read that. . . Ha, thats good to know. . . Does your auto seem sluggish when you're trying to accelerate into traffic though (when it doesnt downshift)? My moms MPV does. . . lol, but then again thats a minivan. See the problem with me is, if I DONT end up supercharging it. . . then it wont be that fast, but I always have that option so I want to see what that option would DO if i decided to DO it like I WANT to. . . Maybe if I get it around christmas time I can put on a supercharger over spring break (next year) - then I could get used to driving it first. . . I could run 13's though with a charger?? thats GREAT to know! I might go with Procharger if their cheaper than Vortech

·
Registered
400 Posts
Check out my sig below...

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
get a 5spd....look at my times....I don't have much in my blazer at all and I'm running 14.3.

WIth a truck that should at least be a 14.1 or something due to weight.

I have a dual friction clutch JTR motor mounts and more since then and I'm hoping for something in the 13.7 range when I go to the track next

·
Got Boost?
341 Posts
SummerWolf said:
get a 5spd....look at my times....I don't have much in my blazer at all and I'm running 14.3.

WIth a truck that should at least be a 14.1 or something due to weight.

I have a dual friction clutch JTR motor mounts and more since then and I'm hoping for something in the 13.7 range when I go to the track next
how much did those mounts help you out, and how hard were they to put in, ive never looked at my mounts in there.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I dunno....my stock mounts were trashed....they weren't even together in any way shape or form...passengers side was completely ripped from the frame....I don't even know why the truck was still driving.

JTR mounts lowered the engine, but they're adjustable so even though the engine sits lower, I don't have drivetrain vibrations (except for the DF clutch) and the pinion angle is right on. I did have to remove the lower fan shroud since I still have the clutch fan.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JDB, thats SO SWEET! I would imagine that 15 PSI has a LOT to do with it though. . . I would run like tops 10 PSI. . . Could I run a 13 with that and those other mods that you have?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
its all about $$$

I run 14.0s on motor, high 12s on spray

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
yeah yeah.....eventually I'll be aiming for something like that, lol......cam and heads are next on my list....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
SummerWolf said:
yeah yeah.....eventually I'll be aiming for something like that, lol......cam and heads are next on my list....

:tup:

·
Registered
400 Posts
chargedxtreme said:
how do you like your caltracs? i cant get traction for the life of me, and im only at 10-11 psi on a vortech unit. what did you do for pcm upgrades/mods?
They work good. But, tires have made the biggest difference for me. Right now I'm running Mickey Thompson Drag Radials size 275/50/15.

I use ls1 Edit to do my pcm.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Shift4 said:
JDB, thats SO SWEET! I would imagine that 15 PSI has a LOT to do with it though. . . I would run like tops 10 PSI. . . Could I run a 13 with that and those other mods that you have?
I would think 13's would be very do-able with 10psi,cam, heads, etc.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
nitrous is the cheapest / easiest way to get to the 13's im in the mid 14 range on a 75 shot with stock exhaust and a shitty 60ft. when i go back the track its gonna be on lakewood traction bars, 100shot, e-fans, exhaust, new tires, and mildly built tranny so im looking for 8.7 to 8.8 which is good for mid/high 13's

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
I ran 8.7 in the 1/8 with a vortech blower @ 10psi and an intercooler with 255/50 BFG DR's. Engine and trans was all stock besides a ultra tight after market torque converter and 3" exhaust with a 2.25" ypipe.

fuel system is a pain in the ass with these trucks making forced induction a tough route. The easy and cheap way is with a wet nitrous kit, drag radials and some traction bars.

·
Banned
378 Posts
12's and 13's are easily crushed and conqured with the right fueling and tuning you can have a monster. I know for a fact Tj over at doctors of performance tuned jay's truck to run like a raped ape. That was using a vortech non intercooled. I was in that truck and truely it felt like a really mid to low 12 second monster.

There is a ton of potential with the vortech's and prochargers. The guy who manufactured the procharger kit never really did enough R and D on the kit to take it to it's full potential. Even using the 2114 intake with moderate injectors and a good tune with 8 psi I can quite comfortably say on a bone stock 4.3 with just a cat back could push deep deep 13's if not 12's

There is a ton to be had with a forced induction application but the biggest part is the tune and the fuel.

·
Baby > Home > S10
9,517 Posts
Hey, this thread looks a bit old but Ill bring it back to life for a second. You all mentioned a procharger kit....well i just checked out their website and i didnt see an application for an s-10 at all. The only superchargers i have seen is vortech, powerdyyne, and mach performances'. Can someone give me a link to a procharger kit so I can check it out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
They work good. But, tires have made the biggest difference for me. Right now I'm running Mickey Thompson Drag Radials size 275/50/15.
You have any pics of those? I'm in the middle of adjusting that mach performance kit and I'm running 255/50 Mickey Thompson ET Streets. They seem to grip extremely well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts