S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel mileage on my '02 ZR2 sucks, never better than 16mpg. I'm gonna install a K&N hoping that it'll improve a little and I'm considering a hyperchip also. So, I'm wondering if anyone out there has installed a hyperchip could tell me how it affected fuel consumption better or worse? Also, is the performance gain from the chip worth the cost? I gotta do something, this truck is a dog and it sucks fuel like a monster.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
its a 4x4........what u expect? :)

Its got to turn a transfer case and bigger tires than a 2wd......so thats why it has worse mileage than us.

·
Big Red Fire
52 Posts
well stp has some good gas-insert products that will help save like 2-3 mpg every fill up they are kinda exp though about 5 bucks. well exp for me..... i wouldnt know exactly about the hpp3 but i do have a chip mod that i bought off ebay for about 4 bucks (muahahahahaha). i havent really looked at the mpg b/c i really dont care wut gas prices are i just know it costs m about 80 bucks a month for gas which is way too high. my chip if at most maybe saved me 1-2 mpg every fill up. it also has to do with how you drive so if you lay off the pedal she will pump some more miles out.

·
the boogeyman
84 Posts
The best thing about the mods that I have done on my truck is the mpg increase. I did the following mods at the same time and it increased my mpg big time. I was getting about 300 miles out of a tank of gas driving around town and about 325 miles on the interstate. Now I am getting about 360 miles around town and 400 miles on the interstate. I have a very heavy foot and I drive around 85mph on the interstate. K+N breather(old school style), throttle body spacer, jet stage 2, underdrive pulleys. The exhaust was later installed with the cat removed and also increased the mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts