S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all performace parts (headers, chip, programmer, throttle body spacer, cai) where is a good place too buy some of these parts. I think I wanna turbo it. Small turbo nothing ridiculous. Bout to get $2000 to drop on it. Also does anyone have a cowl hood for sale? :D

It's a 2000 blazer 4.3L 5 speed.

·
Sprayed 4.3
585 Posts
Your gonna need alot of that $2000 for a turbo kit unless you build everything yourself and have a way to get parts cheap. Sy/Ty manifolds - $350, turbo $150-$600, Tune $250, intake and cold side piping - $150ish, Wideband $200, downpipe $50-$200, BOV or wastegate $100-$200, intercooler $100-$300....etc

I would say get a cam, tune and full exhaust. Depending on what gears you have, probably 3.08s or 3.42s with your 5 speed, a locker and better gears like 3.73s or 4.10s..

But if you could get the turbo parts and system working right, youll have the position to make more power than the cam and boltons even on low boost, then once you are ready to make more power, you can turn it up and make real good power.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I don't want to do a cam. If I can find a turbo kit, probably gunna be my route. Know anyone who sells them?

·
Sprayed 4.3
585 Posts
DST turbo or something like that sells a nice complete kit for almost everything you need, but its $3600. But your not really getting much from that except the expensive headers and crossover he built. They are extremely nice pieces, but sy/ty manifolds would cut the price for a turbo build waaaayy down.

Id just look for some Sy/Ty manifolds, T66-T70-T76 turbo, fab up a few pipes and make it work, wont be to hard.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's got 3" pipe to a flowmaster no cat. What are some sites that has performance parts for sale at?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts