S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sold da SS and gota Jimmy
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing a few little things in the interior in pearl. I bought some of that cheap stuff from wally world. The interior is the light grey. After sanding it all smooth would I need to spray a base white? Also the front windows are tinted 5% and the rest are the dark factory tint. Would the pearl show up well enough to make all the work worth it? I think I might do a small part and if it looks good I have a few friends that work at body shops. Any opinions or advive?

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
i have no idea what this "cheap stuff from walmart" would be.. for the love of god.. please tell me it wasnt a tube of glitter from the craft dept :haha: ... but keep in mind you get what you pay for... if it was cheap.. theres a good chance itll look cheap

my shop is currently doing a custom harley for the big boss, the paint he picked out from the PPG custom chip deck called for a pearl that we didnt have... it cost us $540 for a freakin 4 oz bottle... yeah... you read that correctly, all the other pearls used in OEM codes are a fraction of that, i was a bit shocked when i seen that tag lol

but anyways, quality comes at a price

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
god damn son.........which pearl was it???

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
from the vibrance collection, called "Emerald".... number VM4..something something something... i swear... this stuff must be laced with cocaine or something lol

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i thought the crystal pearls were stupidly priced:haha:

·
Sold da SS and gota Jimmy
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have no idea what this "cheap stuff from walmart" would be.. for the love of god.. please tell me it wasnt a tube of glitter from the craft dept :haha: ... but keep in mind you get what you pay for... if it was cheap.. theres a good chance itll look cheap

my shop is currently doing a custom harley for the big boss, the paint he picked out from the PPG custom chip deck called for a pearl that we didnt have... it cost us $540 for a freakin 4 oz bottle... yeah... you read that correctly, all the other pearls used in OEM codes are a fraction of that, i was a bit shocked when i seen that tag lol

but anyways, quality comes at a price

No it was some "HOK" stuff. A buddy of mine just had his Cobra painted black pearl and he paid a little over 6K for it including minor body work. He also bought some of the "HOK" stuff and painted all the emblems, snakes and horse in the grill. It wasnt to bad. At the most I will have to sand a little more. But does there need to be a white base?

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
you can base it any color you wish, white and black bases usually have the most dramatic effect though

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
you can base it any color you wish, white and black bases usually have the most dramatic effect though
yep.....and if you were doing...say...the exterior of something.....you could base it with one color.....do graphics with another(or several) and then pearl it all and have some very kick ass effects....

but you do need to spray test panels to see what color(or colors) give you the look you are going for

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
heres pics of that color that used the insanely expensive pearl, just painted it yesterday... its called "Key Lime" PPG custom code 908416 (base) and 908416/2 (pearl coat) in case anyone cared

the flop doesnt show up really all that well on camera.. its one of those "in-person" paints.. its this ugly ass lime green base, and the pearls on top change from orange, to green, to blue, and everything in between

i dunno if im sold on this color yet... i think its kinda ugly to be honest with ya, dont know if it belongs on a harley.. but its what the big boss wants.. so its what the big boss gets

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i bet i could come real close to that using HOK.....alot cheaper also.

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
you probably could, i mean like i said, these pics dont really show at all how many colors are in this, but as far as custom paints go ive always held HoK in a much higher regaurd than others

we got some of the bike put together by the days end... meh.. it doesnt look -as- bad as i thought.. but i still wouldnt ride it lol, i took a fender out in the sun and man... it just got uglier.. what a hideous green... this is a color best left in the shade... or in the dumpster

ill post a few more when we get it all together

·
Registered
5 Posts
heres pics of that color that used the insanely expensive pearl, just painted it yesterday... its called "Key Lime" PPG custom code 908416 (base) and 908416/2 (pearl coat) in case anyone cared

the flop doesnt show up really all that well on camera.. its one of those "in-person" paints.. its this ugly ass lime green base, and the pearls on top change from orange, to green, to blue, and everything in between

i dunno if im sold on this color yet... i think its kinda ugly to be honest with ya, dont know if it belongs on a harley.. but its what the big boss wants.. so its what the big boss gets

Anyone can find this color?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

Why are you reviving a 12 year old thread?? Please don't do that.
I have to repaint the whole front bumper I need this paint
20191022_100627.jpg
20191022_100627.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts