S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me with how you remove the pcv valve. I found it and tried to use vise grips to get it out but no luck. Please someone advise as to how to do this. Thanks Guys:thumbup:

·
The White
296 Posts
location of the pcv valve

Can you tell me where I can locate the pcv valve in my 2.2 L thanks been trying to find it for months.
Thanks, STBS

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
what year is the truck? if its 94-95 the pcv is on the valve cover, in front where a hose goes to it, to take it out, you need to first take off the hose, then take some grips on the spin nut right on the valve cover and spin it in a revers motion till it comes off, then pull the pcv off with needle nose pliers, this should help out, i have done it my self, any other q's? e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
95 Posts
The pcv valve is under neath the airbox that says 2200 SFI. I don't think that it comes out though. It is part of the valve cover. The owners manual doesn't say that it is changed in the Maintenece Section. I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
XplodSonoma said:
So it does the same as a PCV valve hence the name Positive Crankcase Ventilation.
Yup, but it is just a vent not a valve

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Yeah you can put a valve breather on it, and it would be pimp!!!

I actually used to have a valve breather when I made the Meineke air intake and felt too lazy to make a nipple for the air supply...so I put on a valve breather

Caleb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts