S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a '91 PU with a 2.5L A code. Parts books show a PCV valve but there isn't one in the valve cover. Is one supposed to be there?

Derek

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
I had a comment, but then I realized I was horribly wrong. :D Lemme go grab my trusty Haynes, and I'll let you know later..

·
Aftermath (Canuck side)
346 Posts
I dont have one there either but maybe mine was just due someone that has worked on it not replacin it or sumthin...
im not so sure for 91s.

I know it lists one, cuz i work at a parts place... so i've bought the fookin thing. Never done anythin with it though, there wasnt one, so i didnt bother replacin it lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PCV

I work at a parts place too. I looked at the hose behind the oil filler but there is a moulded plastic piece that slips into the grommet and has a 5/16" hose running to the TBI - looks factory. The PCV the catalog lists would use a 3/8" hose so ?????? I finally took the PCV valve back and may have to run down to the dealership and see if they can tell me anything. Usually I know more about the car than the dealership does though......ours aren't the best around here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 91 has a for real PVC valve right behind the oil fill (the tubing looks just like a plug wire) but it is piped right into the intake not the TBI. Unless my wife's been working on my truck it came from the General that way. Maybe they had different emmisions packages depending on where the truck was sold.... Eh?

·
Registered
2 Posts
when you pull the line of the rocker cover.follow it to to the TBI. Where the two meet,there should be a sharp bend in the hose, maybe a gear clam. Any how take the hose off the TBI and give it look. The end that attaches to the TBI there should be the pcv valvue. Good Luck. For the guys that work the parts counter....pick a real manual that has diagrams of such things. I prefer Chiton's book's over Haynes. MORE DETAILED !!!!!!!!!!!

Guy From Toronto

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Did you find it? There is the hose that runs from the TB to the valve cover. Pull the hose off of the 90* elbow that is on the valve cover, and it's in there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope

loweredd said:
Did you find it? There is the hose that runs from the TB to the valve cover. Pull the hose off of the 90* elbow that is on the valve cover, and it's in there.
I changed the valve cover gasket the other day and it is definately not in the plastic 90 degree fitting that goes into the valve cover. Also has not fallen into the valve cover. I checked the other end of the hose where it attaches to the TBI and it isn't there either. A couple people told me their truck doesn't have one either - all '91 or newer. 1991 was the first year for the "A" code engine so that might have something to do with it too. I contacted GM but they said they needed my VIN number to tell me for sure. So far I haven't remembered to bring it to work yet where I have internet access.

Derek

1 - 9 of 9 Posts