S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about modifying the pcv system on my 2002 . Like where the left valve cover has a tube going into my airbox, Do I need This?ON the right valve cover there is a tube going into a sensor which is near the bottom of the throttle body.Can you modify the right side, the left side with breathers, or neithers?

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I was wondering if the precat gets clogged or the stock y-pipe could be clooged, i have a 2002 with 65000, miles with precat ,no cat with staight pipe, caspers 02 sim, hppIII, flowmaster w/stock looking tailpipe. When my truck warms up it idles bad and sometimes i cant rev out, it will just sputter. one time i kept reving it and i cold hear it poppijng before the muffler, like at the precat....I was wondering if this gets clogged easily.What should I do?

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
You can put a small filter type breather on the valve cover and plug the hole towards the intake. Just dont plug the valve cover completely you may run the risk of blowing seals inside the crankcase due to pressure build up.

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the right side, and also, what if you just took the ait out of the stock tube and just left it in the engine compartment , like on the side of the intake tube. then u could plug up the hole in the tube.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
If you just let the ait dangle, it could give off real wrong readings. If you want to gain a little hp, you could lengthen the wires on the ait and relocate it further down the intake. If you have the stock intake box try a relocate it to the bottom 1/2 of the box. The further away from the engine the cooler the air temp will be. In turn, the ECU will read cooler air and advance the timing 1-2 degrees. More hp. :D

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
That ait "mod" doesn't really work like you say, Seriously think about it how can 1/2 of the airbox be that much cooler than the top half, the box is like 6inches by 12inches, I would be willing to guarantee that the entire box is basically the same temp inside. Also, after a short time the computer will learn that this "cooler" temp is just the norm and end up cancelling it out.

I don't know about the pcv thing, but I replaced the tube that comes from the right valve cover into the intake with a breather awhile ago, didn't affect anything. To be honest I don't think this breather mod is going to help how your engine is running, sounds like a whole other problem.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
As we all know, heat rises. So the top of the engine compartment (close to the hood line) will be the hottest. If you move the ait closest to the bottum of the intake where it sucks in fresh air, it will be cooler. It doesnt take a lot to change the ecu. But everyone has their own opinion. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts