S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Truk Por
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two s-10's a 99 and a 2000 im having problems with the passlock system i bought the 00 it had a walmart key and ran but when i had it at the body shop the truck died and the security light stays on i've had a key made from the dealer but it still dosent work any help would be grateful i nee to git the trucks running and sold thanks MIke Gamble

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
happened to me once with the original key, i waited 10 minutes and it finally started, you can disconect the battery i think but that wont solve your problem if it keeps doing it.

·
Saweeeeeeet
224 Posts
If you know much about pass lock and really don't want it to work on the truck anymore. Meaning the factory alarm and pass lock won't work. Do this.. 1. take it to a car stereo shop and tell them you want pass lock bypassed. You can get a after market alarm and even have auto start without the pains of pass lock messing with the after market alarm. Or don't care about alarm. and know a little about Ohms take a ohm metter and under the dash in the steering colom there is a orange tube. DO NOT TOUCH THE YELLOW ONE (air bag sensor) and inside the orange tube there should be a black/white wire and a orange or brown can't remember. (stereo shop can find the wires for ya. You have to measure the ohms in the key when you crank the motor. When you have the ohms from the key mesured take ristors and make sure they read the same ohms -/+ 5 ohms. when you conect the ristors to the wires going from key side to motor you will have bypassed the pass lock securty. its can be a pain in the butt if you don't know much about pass lock on chevys. so take it to a stereo shop that deals with alarms and tell them you want that done. The old shop I worked at charged like 50 bucks to do that and it was all good. just remember if your going to do it your self. DO NOT MESS WITH THE YELLOW TUBE or even come close to it with a test light. YOU WILL SET OFF THE AIR BAG. Seen it done may times and not fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts