S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable passlock for good. I know about the bypass module when using a remote starter, but I need to disable it. I put a 2000 engine (2.2) in a 1995 truck and the only thing holding me back is passlock. The truck starts up then dies after 2 seconds. If I disconnect the comp harnesses turn the key to run then connect the harnesses, turn the key the truck starts up and runs fine, till you turn it off then passlock acts up again. It might get alittle old doing this every time I turn the truck off. Thanks in advance, Sgt Sparks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason for not getting it, is from what I've read you have to splice into (yellow, orange,black) 22gauge wires in the ignition that controls the passlock. that is the only way to install the module. but my truck is a 1995 and it does not have the passlock ignition system. I need to find a way to disable it at the computer somehow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got off the phone with the dealer who said he would get fired if they knew he was telling me this. He said to run a hotwire from the fuse box to the fkgrek0945k9 wire and that would do away with the passlock. would anyone know what wire it is. He would not tell me he sounded all scared and just wanted to get off the phone. If we could find this wire it could help us out when passlock shuts are vehicle down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cut the Yellow wire, and strip back some of the insulation from the
Orange/Black (Or Black) wires.
Turn the key to the "Crank" position and release. now Measure and record the value of ohms measured from the KEY SIDE
of the Yellow wire, to the Black/Orange wire.
then go to radio shack and get the same size(ohms) resistor or a potentometer (and set it to the ohms i think it has to be + / - 5%) and wire it from the yellow to the black should bypass it. Let me know if you need more help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think my truck has the passlock wires from the ignition since its a 1995. Is there any other way to bypass?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because the truck (1995) did not have passlock installed in it. The ignition does not have what passlock is looking for (the 3 wires form the ignition to the passlock module) I know that all that can be installed, and might have to. But I am really over my head right now. I don't think I'd be able to wire the whole passlock system in. I had an idea of mabey getting over on passlock though. If passlock shuts down the fuel system if it reads the wrong codes (ohms, whatever) would there be a way to run a powered wire to the fuel pump to keep it running. (fused and mabey a relay)

·
Yes that Sh Sh Shit
2,556 Posts
Try a code alarm passlock module. They use the obd data wire to bypass the passlock.

Also if you cant come up with a solution find out if you just disconnect the power wire form your comp harness if it will work for you ( as in disconnect power turn key, connect power , then start) if that works just hook a relay up so when you turn the key it turns on a relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts