S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem, the back window on the passenger side always rattles, shakes, and makes noises... When I push on the black thing to put the window out, it will stop... But any little vibrations or bumps will make the thing rattle like a b!tch.... Annoying as all He!!... Does anyone know how to fix this problem??? PLMK

Thanks,
Striker

·
I'm madly in anger with u
653 Posts
I have that same problem, just take ASTROdog's advice, I did.

:pimp:

·
Registered
27 Posts
pfft, if it is the jump seats, take those tings out. Simple solution. As for the X-cab window, mine does the same. But as the others said, "crank the music up"

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why the he!! can't chevy fix this d#mn problem is my second question... I also have a '91 S-10 X-Cab and just that one side window rattles...
Its like WTF chevy has had 10+ years to fix the problem, but its still happening???

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
i thought mine was the window too...then i thought it was the jumpseat...come to find out it was the back intrerior panel rubbing up against the back wall plastic panel...just took apart and reclipped the back piece and rattling stopped...well, this was when i put my system in so i actually dont know if it stopped or not...but i think it did

·
TO PUNISH & ENSLAVE
812 Posts
Yea look a little deeper like noma95 said. My pass door panel did the same shit. So annoying! Chebby replaced it under warranty and that was that. Never again. Just see where it's making the noise and fix it.

Don't listen to the ghetto-masters, they'll only make the problems worse. And on top of that, they don't know how to do Flash. (inside joke)

·
Truck is toast :-/
2,949 Posts
*cough* bite me. its not a problem till the window falls out, and only then its a problem if its cold outside :p

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
Both my regular cab windows have that damn rattling plastic too. I'm just getting some RTV and sealing them down. RTV is the best thing ever invented (besides radial engines)

·
The S-10 Scrub
417 Posts
My passenger side window leaks air so bad my passengers cant hear me talking to them going like 70mph, and i cant get the seat belt off to get the panel off to pop the window out and maybe try to move the sealing around alil to see if it helps... maybe it doesnt close good like mine cause the seal bunched up, id suggest looking at it maybe, tighten the clamps to the window

·
The S-10 Scrub
417 Posts
German_Xtreme said:
Both my regular cab windows have that damn rattling plastic too. I'm just getting some RTV and sealing them down. RTV is the best thing ever invented (besides radial engines)
Whats RTV?, and where do you get it, how much?

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
skbmxer7 said:
Whats RTV?, and where do you get it, how much?

RTV is gasket sealer. Any auto parts store will have it.

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
Striker, remove the plastic panel around the window and check the insulation, the insulation may need to be readjusted. This worked for me.

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
Remove the door sill plate. Then the 2 Torx screws for the seatbelt. Then 2 bolts for the jump seat. Then 3 screws for the panel, one of these panels screws is behind the coat hook.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts