S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Entoxicated Hoodlum
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I just read the newest sport truck mag. In it there is an article about how easy it is to swap an escalade guage cluster into an FUll size pick up.....what the hell can we swap into an S-10? For example: I have a 4cyl automatic with no tach guage cluster....can I just swap a tach unit in there?? Can I swap something in there from another vehicle? My wheels ae spinin!!!!! Anyone know where I can get info on available swaps? Someone get at me!!!!......I posted this in the 4 cyl forum bcz thts what Im about but can anyone else (people who dont usually read 4 banger stuff) help me here? Thanks.......

·
Registered
217 Posts
it may be best to install a seperate tach on your dash by autometer or some other aftermarket company i think autometer makes a 8000rpm tach which is all u need the 10,000 rpm tach's are usless on these trucks

instal shouldnt be to hard just follow the instructions:bash:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can get the gauge cluster from the same model truck with a tach and install that. If your is a 98 you can use a 98-2002 cluster. It just plugs in. That is what was done to mine when I took it in to the dealer for some warranty work. They had to replace my gauge cluster, I have a 5spd with out tach. When I picked it up from the dealer they put the wrong one in it with a tach. Everything works on it and I got a free tach out of it. Just make sure the one you get is for an auto and not a manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts