S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been wanting a better trans than the NV3500 and found a semi local T56. So looked around and found no real "list" for what was needed. Looking at a trans later this week when the owner gets back in town. just a LT1 box and bell so need the rest.....

so far the list:

1. LT1 Trans and Bell (I konw these have to be from an LT1 car to bolt up with no other work vs the LS1 box/bell)
2. LT1 flywheel and clutch
3. ???

Will a stock 96+ starter work or will I need a LT1 starter?

Driveshaft length?

I saw the minor crossmember mods

Slave cylinder and cover? is the cover needed?

speedo hook up? need to extend any wires?

From what I read on here so far it looks like it all bolts in and just have to mod the crossmember and cut a hole in the floor?

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
you must not ahve looked hard enough, i have personally given an indepth list for both the lt1 and lsx trans multiple times in this forum

do a thread search for my name

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry but you have 14 posts total in the drivetrain section. a couple have no replies to your questions or are not related to a T56 swap (6) and the speedo related stuff is for a first gen and not a second gen OBDII setup like mine (and you never really ansowered the speedo question in your posts other than "I figured it out")

so off your build thread....

1. did you end up changing the driveshaft length or did the stock length work (you mentioned concerns but no follow up)

2. How did you resolve the speedo and will your solution apply to 2nd gen OBDII trucks?

3. Did you use the stock slave (you never mentioned) I would assume yes but wanted to make sure it worked and not some off the wall slave from a fiero or something.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2878878

so unless there are over in another section I think you are mistaken.

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
run an lt1 flywheel, clutch kit and starter

run a slave from a 92 305 5 speed camaro

use a jtr 40 tooth reluctor ring to ge the speedo to rear right

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Hopefully I will be picking up my trans this weekend. got a line on a used starter for not a bad price too.

now looking at flywheels I am debating a used stocker (iron) or maybe switching to a billet Aluminum one. I have a 4.10 gearset that will be going in the rear this fall and next summer a 350 is going in. Will the billet one be too much for a sreet driven truck? I figured the 4.10 gears and a 350 will give enough grunt it get things moving ok but wasn't sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts