S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where you can get body parts/panels/airdams and such fabricated according to your own design, without having to carve a mold of what you want then make a cast from which you can make the end product? I've got some ideas like carving the airdam I want made from a log, and then making a fiberglass cast over that and then having someone spray Fiberglass into that to make the actual air dam. It would be a lot of work and I don't have enormous amounts of time on my hands to do it.

I can't seem to find any information on parts companies or custom shops that might can help me out. Anyone have any tips?

·
Old Man
260 Posts
Build it (the design stage) out of chicken wire and plaster, much cheaper and faster. The other plus is you can build it right to the truck so you will know right away if you like it or hate it. I did that once to design wheel flares for my 84 Acadian (aka Chevette)...here is a few pictures of some of my design work, the carboard one took me a whole afternoon and hated it after I was finished. If you want to see the final product go to www.wktechnical.ca/acadian

---using cardboard and packing tape---

---using styrofoam----

---using plaster---

1 - 3 of 3 Posts