S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I was at a hot rod shop and the guy had an old parrell four link he never used he was willing to sell it for $250 with the panyard bar. Cool he let me take it home to see if it would be close enough to make it fit and I noticed that for this bar you mount both bars under the axle. I have never seen this before, he said it was for classic rods that didn't have a lot of room above the axle. I was wondering will it work as will as a parrell with one bar on top and one bottom (on each side). Im trying to get some traction when I install my rear bags thats why Im using a parrell instead of a Trianglulated four link

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I've never seen what ur talkin bout... can ya take some pics? In theory, it should work just fine with both bars under the axle, as long as its setup properly.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try to get some pics but I don't have a didital camera (I will try to borrow one) I cant wait cof christmas a camera was at the top of my list

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats exactly what it looks like only that one is painted. This may have been a dumb question but I had never seen a set up like that.

so to reconfirm that it is a style that works.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet. I will be going hard core on my truck because I now have like a month off from school and two weeks off from work

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
Is this gonna be a custom install?? I had the same kind before I sold it, and there isnt much room to install that on the outside of the frame.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be dropping out the gas tank in favor of a blazer tank. I will have to box a secton to weld the end of the links to the frame and add a plate with gussets to the back of the link so the bags will behing the axle and it will defintily (sp) be a custom install. I hope I can match how good I did my notches a few months ago I will probally get help from my friend who is a certified welder and get my uncle to help me set the pinion angle

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just hope I can pull it off because I would like to stick some 3.73 gears or lower so combined with the gas tank behind the axle for weight and the the link set up for traction with the low gears it should launch like a bat out of hell. I hope

I shouldn't attempt any extreme s/s with the parrell bars right because Im trying to decide if I need four valves on the back. Im going to add two more valves to the front over my break so I can s/s it. Or should I have four valves in the back and just not go s/s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts