S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ARE YOU F*CKING HIGH?
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, 1997 s-10 2.2 5spd.

just recently i was driving home and noticed that my dash lights were out. i thought "eh no big deal just a fuse, ill get it when i get home" ya well, i got pulled over, no parking lights. pulled the fuse, what a surprise, blown. so i replace it and go down the road.

1 day later,

it happens again, this time i change my fuse and it blows instantly. i think "wtf" so i go home, put a jumper wire in and it is a dead short, battery gauge drops and so on. smoked 2 wires behind my switch and had to fix that. then i throw a fuse in, and its fine. so i think to myself, ill unplug my front turn signal bulbs which will disable my whole front of the truck to see if my short persists, if it doesnt, than its up front. well it blew again.

its internittant, itll go for 2 days, fine and then pop. itll blow 3 fuses, ill go for 2 hours till i get more, and itll be fine again.

any ideas and sorry for the story ahah

do i have a parking light relay? or what do you think is causing this?

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
no relay, probably a bad socket or bulb. Could be anything along the way of a faulty switch to bad connection. Have you checked the trailer wiring, if you have a pigtail, it's common for them to be shorting out from a poor installation job.

·
ARE YOU F*CKING HIGH?
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured it out. the wire broke to my right marker light. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts