S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get a new parking brake release cable for my 84 S-10? Mine broke and I cam't find a listing for it anywhere HELP!!:(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't like junkyards and lmc or rockauto don't list the release cable

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried all the parts stores. They don't list the cable I need. I need the cable that is attached to the dash to release the parking brake. The junkyard is more than 60 miles away and I don't deal with the dealers anymore cause of their prices. I needed a flywheel for my truck and they said I could have one for $326!!!! I found a company and got one for $70 so that's why I don't like the dealers anymore.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I ordered mine from a local dealer here for my 88.
GM PN: 15590300 (Canadian Part number)
It's the Parking brake release handle and cable assembly.
Cost me a whopping $18.40 and I had it in a day.

·
mr. clean
241 Posts
you'll be best getting one from the jy. i got mine off a 88 jimmy and it couldn't work better.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
When I get back to work Tuesday I'll look for you bro. 95% of the time the guys at parts store don't wanna take the time looking for a part like that. I'll get you a price aswell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The GM dealer wouldn't sell 15590300 any more. Can try to run a wire through the plastic flange and knot the front end and twist a handle on the back end.

·
Been there Done it
12,424 Posts
The GM dealer wouldn't sell 15590300 any more.
There is an old saying about a day late and a dollar short. 7 years and 8 days (2 leap years in there) would make that $2563 dollars short.

·
Been there Done it
12,424 Posts
Won't do the junkyard. Won't go through the dealer. Sounds like the OP didn't need one that bad.
If Craigslist was even around way back then someone should have mentioned watching for a part out of a 1st gen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts