S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
body dragger
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am running 3/8 smc's right now, and they haven't let me down once. My friend is getting rid of 4 brand new parker gold series (1/2 w/ 5/8 inner orfice) for 200. Do you guys think that i should get them? anyone with these valves, speak up, let us know how you like them. :pimp:

·
body dragger
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want bigger valves for the front... however I am keeping the smc's also, so if there are any problem i can switch back. i know that parker is a trusted name in valves and stuff, i just wanted some feedback as to how people like them.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
xtreme_greek said:
smcs suck...buy the parkers...
Yep, they suck so bad that I bought $19,000 worth last year, and had 5 come back. Try again....
Parker makes many, many styles of valves, so unless you know which ones you are getting, it is hard to say if they will be better or not. They should be faster though. And take higher pressure.

·
body dragger
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DOThatesME said:
4 brand new parker gold series (1/2 w/ 5/8 inner orfice)
I think those are the gold series anyways... i didnt say the smcs sucked, i love them i just want bigger valves, and i figure the 1/2 smcs will cost me around 90 or so anyways.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I don't believe parker themselves have a gold series. The term "gold" has been thrown around so much, it is almost generic. All brass valves are a gold color, if they are clean. Parker does have a gold ring valve. I used to use them, they were like $135 at the time. They have a pretty distictive look to them... they have a large round screw on top, with the coil on top of it. Now most people that use parkers are using the parker skinners. If that's what they are, they will be faster than what you have now, but the smc's are still faster. the flow rate on a 1/2" smc is almost 20% higher than that of the parkers I sell.
And you should be able to find 1/2" smc's in the mid $50 range each.
And I know you didn't say SMC's sucked, that part was aimed at the guy that did.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Ya the Parker valves are definitely badass...I have the Golds on the front of my dime and Skinners are guess they are is what I have on back. If you only have fb you could take those and use them as fills and have side to side also.

·
I love canadian beer!
27 Posts
dude no doubt parker! my buddie's dad owns a hydraulics/pneumatics company and he says parkers are the best! well i like em mostly cuz i can get them at his cost! (that really pisses the guys from all those customs shops around here when i ask for prices on parts..... and then they try to sell me their stock.... and i tell em i can get em' cheaper than them! )

i love having connections

peace angus

·
body dragger
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i got them installed... definately (sp?) faster, but they don't bark! WTF! ahhh man i love the parker bark too, and i know i'm running enough pressure (175 psi)... :( oh well its all good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts