S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running a panhard bar with there link setup? just wanted to know if anyone was having problems with the rear end pulling to one side when aired up or laid out. still debating on a 3 link with panhard or moving my gas tank and going with a triangulated 4 link.

oh yeah, just got my 20's in to replace my 18's :02redxbla

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Well of course a pan hard is going to pull to one side or another. thats why it needs to be as long as possible, so it decreases how much push/pull it has. And I wouldn't recommend a setup with a lot of lift and a panhard bar. Why would you need to move your gas tank for a triangulated 4 link? There are two ways it can be done without removing the stock tank.

I

·
0 Posts
dont just say there are two ways to do it with out removing the tank tell him the ways i would but i don't know and it doesn't apply to me because i will be using a blazer gas tank

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Well there's only two ways to run the upper bars of a triangulated 4 link, either from the sides of the diff out to the frame, or from the sides of the diff towards the center of the gas tank x-member. Sorry, I thought that was a given.

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
dre.. y did u get the same rims 2 inches bigger? y not new rims?

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
poo

they are for his fullsize gmc

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FoolishIsuzu said:
dre.. y did u get the same rims 2 inches bigger? y not new rims?
two of my rims were having a problem with the center cap. i called centerline and told them and they said they would send me 2 replacements. i asked if i could upgrade to 20's and pay the difference. they said they would send me the 20's for free. i was like sweet.

i dont have a s-10 anymore, ive got a fullsize. check out the sig

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
ll

so u got 2 20's or 4 20's? gonna do 18/20 combo?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the devious 3-link with panhard on my blazer, I have a 9 1/2 inch rim in the back and it doesnt cause any harm, i was worried it would for awhile ut it didnt. Rides great, you having a fullsize and 8 in. rims should be str8

·
Registered
25 Posts
why does everyone make such a big deal about moving their gas tank? I did mine and it's not that hard. It just takes a little time thats all. It's no biggy.

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am moving my gas tank and i never said it was a big deal. im just looking for the best setup for me

im gonna do the 18/20 combo for now

thanks 02BLZRX. i was really just looking for feedback from people who have panhards on their truck

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
sweet about the rims.. definately get some 20s for up front tho when ya can :D you buy tires yet?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
hell yea, I hear ya... Im gonna have to meet up with you sometime.. where in FL are you from again? I forgots... other side of pcola rite?

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i moved a couple months ago. im stuck in tx right now. it sucks. hopefully i'll be having slammy redo my rear setup early next year

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
dre dont know u personally but i saw ur tight truck at the fort walton beach high school show when u and nf where cruzzin'... love ur truck man

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks. i talk to ricky pretty often. you guys from foolish are pretty cool. i stop by ya'lls forum every once and awhile

1 - 20 of 21 Posts