S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would i go about painting my bumper? I have my compressor and a spray gun and i've had little experience painting with the compressor and gun. I had this idea in mind but just making sure for anyone that wants to help me out if i'm doing something wrong.
i was thinking of sanding the bumper (just the red part) until it's smoothed out, primer it red, spray it with the paint then adding the clearcoat. There's a shop around here that told me to bring in a sample of the paint, Like the gas door and they can color match the paint for me.

Does anyone have pics of bumpers like mine, But painted?
You think it'll look better?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
what wheels are those

and I thinkyou have to use a adheasion[sp?] promoter and add flex to the paint or it will start to flake off

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
it probly isnt worth the work of makin it smooth. theres ALOT of texture on it

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
:stupid:

·
Registered
595 Posts
if there is alot of texture them it will take a while to make it smooth, reminds me of sanding the interior pieces.

what if he just roughed it up with like 220 or maybe even 180 then 220 on a DA then put a very light coat of filler all over the bumper then smoothed it again with the 220 on a block

but then again that might crack... who knows it might work

OT but what part of southern cali are you from. there are not too many southern california guys on here.

good luck bro

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dropped94 said:
what wheels are those

and I thinkyou have to use a adheasion[sp?] promoter and add flex to the paint or it will start to flake off
they're x power wheels, forgot what they're called specifically though

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jwood562 said:
if there is alot of texture them it will take a while to make it smooth, reminds me of sanding the interior pieces.

what if he just roughed it up with like 220 or maybe even 180 then 220 on a DA then put a very light coat of filler all over the bumper then smoothed it again with the 220 on a block

but then again that might crack... who knows it might work

OT but what part of southern cali are you from. there are not too many southern california guys on here.

good luck bro
you guys think this bumper will look good on the blaze?
Oh, i'm from south gate

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
not bad and a hellva lot let work than smoothing yours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts