S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some Street Scene mirrors and was wondering how to take the mirror out to have it painted. Also, how does paint on these mirrors hold up? The guy at the body shop says it tends to chip after a while. (I think his shop may just suck now...)

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
i would just take masking tape and cover the mirror and then get it painted, thats what they do at some shops with the other parts of the truck

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had mine painted a year ago.. Paint has not chipped at all. That guy might just not be too good at painting. The shop I went too masked the glass off on the mirror. You can get the glass out but it is pretty difficult. It has snaps in three spots in the center of the glass that connects to a swivel plastic piece. Its easier to tape it up than to risk breaking the glass.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pharacyde said:
I just got some Street Scene mirrors and was wondering how to take the mirror out to have it painted. Also, how does paint on these mirrors hold up? The guy at the body shop says it tends to chip after a while. (I think his shop may just suck now...)

what mirrors did you get?

·
Registered
224 Posts
the mirror glass

Street Scene hot glues the glass into the receptacle, so just tape it off. Ive broken a set before I figured out wha the deal is...haha, joke was on me

·
Registered
674 Posts
I painted a set about 3 months ago. Just taped the mirror off, sanded and sprayed it. No paint chips yet. and looks great.
The body shop you went to must have sucked or something

·
Registered
224 Posts
uhhh....

of course it will chip after a while-rock chips are a fact of life. not real bad though-youll just get a few little ones, but it will take a while unless you live on a dirt road. Sh-t, sen them to me, and I will paint them for $80(and Ill remove the seam parting line that nobody ever seems to) plus shipping back to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts