S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have painted my interior and was wondering how to get it off to redue it. I am not satisfied with it becuase of some scratches that came later and other dirty spots. Any ideas to get the pieces back to the original to start over

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
What type of paint did you use? If you used paint in a can, you can take if off with a high pressure washer, pretty easily. Just scratch it up a little, and take it to the car wash, and hose it down, the paint will flake right off. If you sanded, and did it with color match, and cleared over it, you're probably going to have to sand it off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the fusion paint by Kyrlon or however you spell it. I found out a product called opps multiperpose remover works on it but I may try the car wash idea to make it go faster.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i used trhe same paint on my dash... i had to redo mine like 3 times before i get it the way i liked it and i had it sand it all 3 times.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Check the pics.... Click the hyperlink...

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
glad to see I am not the only one who got focked with blue interior lol

·
Gettin' back in the game
3,268 Posts
I used that same Krylon Fusion shit on some interior pieces on my truck thinking I wouldn't have to sand them because it "fuses to plastic". Yeah right. It looks like total ass now. Should have spent the time and done it right the first time I guess. I might have to try that remover you mentioned.

C

·
0 Posts
rattmobbins said:
I used that same Krylon Fusion shit on some interior pieces on my truck thinking I wouldn't have to sand them because it "fuses to plastic". Yeah right. It looks like total ass now. Should have spent the time and done it right the first time I guess. I might have to try that remover you mentioned.
:lol: I told you! You know it might be easier to start over with a set from the bone yard :tup:

·
BD dreamin'
59 Posts
the krylon paint works great... i've used it!

Next time you use it (if you do) go over every piece that you paint with brake degreaser... wipe it down really good (it will actually pull the factory color off if you use enough elbow grease :D )

Make sure you get all the degreaser off, THEN paint your plastic and clear over it when it dries.

I've had no probs out of mine and it's takin some good licks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts