S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am 17 and have a 98 SS. I am wanting to paint some interior pieces (i.e.- Speaker grills in the doors, handle covers, vents, and possibly dash bezel.) My girlfriend said that no matter what color I paint it it is going to look gay. I was going to go with either white to bring out my gauges, I have white faced, or black just to keep it subtle. What do you all think I should do?

Also, I need to know what type of paint to buy, how much, price estimates, and any pics that you all have would be nice.

Maybe also an instruction site or something too!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the middle of redoing my entire interior. If all of the pieces are hard plastic i would sand them a little bit to get all of the oils off and to roughin the surface. use no less than a 200 grit sand paper. then there is a plastic cohesin enhancer spray pait that is always good to put on first. use filler primer to fill the texture " it takes alot." after you build up a couple of coats sand it with a 600-800 grit paper. then spray it with what ever color you want. just make sure and take you time so it looks good.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
No it won't look gay as long as you sand, prime, paint, and clear coat. Girls are stupid. They don't know or understand anything anyway. Unless they like doing this kinda stuff, then they are awesome.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is a paint made by dupont that you can use out of a gun it's really good stuff it changes the color of the plastic all the way through don't know how it does it but it works you can scratch it and the old color will not show through

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
I know it isn't right but I use cheap ass spray paint and nothing else.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've seen a beatoff destroy his brand new 03 X by instachroming his dash and his footpads on his stepside it was hiddeous and he walked around my truck trying to be a bad ass in front of his girl me and my girl were laughing at his stupid ass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts