S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would i go about painting the ugly piece of silver going across the front of my truck I gunna paint it black to match the truck

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have seen where a couple of people have sanded it off i just need to know what type of paint

·
Registered
357 Posts
sand it all down to bare (plastic? metal? spam?) whatever it is, then go get any black gloss spray paint (I use ACE's Rust Stop) and the trick is to buy a can of clear or lacquer spray paint too. After a couple coats of paint, put on around 4 light coats of the clear - some clears arent too clear, so use discretion. It will please you having spent under $10 and it looks that good.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u the man dude thanks, now if i could just figureout how to get it off LOL

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i was talkin about the grill but i found out how now so nevermind:thumbup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got in a minor wreck and needed a new grill. Trying to take advantage of the situation, I was going to pay the xtra 200 bucks for the xtreme grill and have it painted, but the guy ended up suggesting a painted reg s10 grill, which was the same $186 as the stock, but was ready to paint. Try looking into that.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
hey what you could do is use wd-40 a friend of mine used it on the front grill to take off the chrome really easy, and then the grill is black then all you have to do is prep it for paint

1 - 11 of 11 Posts