S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With nothing better to do and some paint left over from my rollpan project I finally decided to paint my grill to match the rest of my truck. I never did like the chrome strip across the front of my grill because I have no other chrome on the rest of the truck and it kind of threw things off.

First pic of grill after painting and clear coating. I let it sit for 24 hours before I started handling it. I still have the tape on the bowtie in this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This pic is with no flash

How does it look on the truck you ask? Here it is. I like the cosmetic change it gave my truck. No more chrome strip and the rest matches rather than that gray plastic.

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
sweet:thumbup:

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
AWESOME! i'm gonna have the same thing done to mine, not by me of course. I'm gonna slap on some clears & a billet bowtie while it's off.

Keep up the good work!:thumbup:

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
y2k xtreme said:
soooo...you up for a road trip??:D:D:D...i have a few things i would like to have painted...LOL
what is it ya needed painted......ummmm......oh yeah

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking while I had everything taken apart that it would have been a good time to slap on some clears but I'm only doing stuff right now that doesn't cost me anything other than my time.

I may get brave next week and paint my door handles. My tailgate handle turned out well. I still have some paint left.....Hmmmm

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Looks reall nice! How many coats of base coat/ clear coat did you use? Did you use a spray gun or a can? :thumbup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used a can for base and clear. 2 base + 3 clear. Wet sanded between the 2nd and 3rd clears. I still might wet sand it one more time with 600 grit and spray it right on the truck. It'll be easy as hell to do with it on the truck.

·
Eatin Fords-$hittin Mopar
178 Posts
Looks great!

Just wanted to let you know that it looks awesome! I am very impressed with the different look that is gives the truck.

I had a black `98 S-10 Ext. cab with 2.2, 5spd., with blackouts for front and rear, ventvisors, bug deflector and the only thing that stood out was the chrome strip across the front.

Now I have a 2001 S-10 4x4 extended cab with a 5 spd. that is Indigo Blue like yours and I am in the process of figuring out what exactly I want to do with it.

As of right now, I have the blackouts on the taillights and on the turn signals (not on the headlights although they ride around in the truck with me), a Westin Safari bar on the front with a set of the KC 5"x7" rectangular driving/fog lights mounted, a Truxedo bed cover, ventvisors and bug deflector. I am trying to figure out what the cheapest way of giving it a little more height would be....

Anyone have any suggestions? Do the torsion bars only bump up the front end???

Let me know if you can.

Thanks!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes you can bring the front end up some more by tightening up the torsion bar adjusting bolts. You can get as much as 2 or more inches higher on the front by doing that. Just make sure you get a wheel alignment after you do it. Best way to do it is jack it up so the side you're working on has the wheel clear of the ground to take the tension off the torsion bar then start turning the bolts. You may have to lower one side or the other to even it out. For the rear if you're only going a couple inches there are shackle kits you can get to raise it.

BTW mine is a 4x4 but I did the opposite. I lowered mine 2 inches.

·
Eatin Fords-$hittin Mopar
178 Posts
Ok, let's see if I got this right.... By tightening the torsion bar adjustment bolts I will be able to bring the front end up an inch or possibly two..... However, for the rear end I need to buy a shackle kit to get the same amount of lift. Do you happen to know of a good place to get a good shackle kit? Besides getting an alignment when I am done, do I need to replace anything else on it in order for everything to be ok???

I'm new to the whole suspension part of the truck so I would appreciate any of the comments or helpful hints from those who know how it is done.

Thanks!

Matt

-aka 2001_S-10_4x4

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never looked for shackle kits for S10s but I'm sure guys like Belltech, DJM or Chassis Tech have something. Take a look on their web sites and if you can't find anything there give them a call. The guys at Belltech were really helpful whenever I had to call them. You may also want to get some good coil over or better shocks but not really sure if you'll need them if you're only lifting a couple inches.

BTW if you lift your's the frame is going to show so you may want to get some good looking nerf bars or something to cover it up.

You may also want to post a new thread in the 4x4 or suspension forum to get better answers than I can give you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts