S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently finished some of my painted dash pieces. Check it out and tell me what you think. This is after 6 hours of sanding, probably an hour of painting, and 5 coats of clear. Does anyone know how to take out the little surround piece that goes around the passenger side vent? Does the airbag actually have to come out?

·
Needing air member
542 Posts
thats sweet ass!!! im in the process of sanding right now

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last one.... let me know what you think. I think my next project is that plastic piece below the back window on the ext. cabs. It is about a foot or so tall and it spans that cab. Being that i am pretty decent with the airbrush, it would be awesome to lay down some flames or a graphic design back there, and incorporate the blue as the main color.

·
I hate everyone
4,628 Posts
I think it all looks good except for the instrament trim.... thats just a little too much IMO.. but the reast looks great :thumbup:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, just wait. I have more. I just painted the glove box door with the same blue, then i have two layers of flames coming across it. I will post pics soon.

Eric

·
Registered
261 Posts
What kind of paint did u use?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used an acrylic (water-based) airbrush paint that I got at the local hobby store. It is actually the same paint you can use for the inside of the clear R/C car bodies. It is very similar to the airbrush paint that kreatex puts out. Anyways, I mixed my own colors to match my truck (because nobody makes space blue (a factory gm color) in a rattle can that i have found). I used the airbrush and just fanned it out, to make it effectively like a spray gun. For clear I have had really good luck with the dupli-color rattle can clear. I will try to post some pictures of my flamed out glove box door tomorrow. It looks sweet!

Eric

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you didn't see already, i posted the new glovebox pics in a seperate thread titled "flamed out glovebox" Check it out and let me know what you think. I was pretty happy with how they turned out.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
Looks good to me.

·
Super Moderator
51,327 Posts
looks good man, nice color...only thing i oppose is that automatic shifter....needs to be comin out the foor...haha j/k awesome work.....i need to paint my dash insert as soon as it warms up....mine is flat black..and 6 hours of sanding...damn i commend you it took me over a week to sand...maybe a hour or so everyday....

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey whats up, what grit sandpaper did you use. basically, i want to do do dash and parts too but want to do it right the first time. any help is appreciated

·
Useless posting member
10,828 Posts
Im sanding down my bro's peices like that... he painted his pieces grey then cleared it and now he wants to go and sand it all down and re-paint it again :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts