We painted the handles on it.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
No prob

·
Registered
457 Posts
did you sand the handles flat first before you painted it?? cause the 98+ have the rough handles.. i want to paint mine soon... did you guys mask it off, then sprayed or did you kinda paint it on??

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
We took the handles out of the truck. Then removed the black gasket thingy. I scuffed them with a red scotchbrite and used alot of adhesion promoter. It worked great.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
Rock on!!!

·
Beginner's Luck
259 Posts
How do you get the handles off a 98 and up? I am painting mine in two weeks and don't know how they come off. Pics would be nice!

·
dragginass10
103 Posts
here is a pic of mine painted and i had no problems with it cracking until i removed them to shve it then they cracked alittle

·
PSSST....I need NOS!!
747 Posts
PaintinDeezNuts said:
We took the handles out of the truck. Then removed the black gasket thingy. I scuffed them with a red scotchbrite and used alot of adhesion promoter. It worked great.
So yall did not reuse the gasket at all? If not, you havent had any problems with them moving or chipping paint or anything?

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
dalred said:
Has anyone not run the gaskets? Paint on rubber just never lasts and whats the use of painting my handles if they are going to be outlined in black. lol
Well just look at the pic I posted. Doesn't that look hella good.

It still has black gaskets around it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.