S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fiveslashsix
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... ive sanded the dash with 120 grit then, 180 grit then, 220 grint and, now what the hell kind of primer do you reccomend... and paint?.... and hell what about clear coat. I've tried to search but im just not talented i guess cause i could find shit yesterday but i cant today :rant:

whatever, anyway all help is appriciated... i know there has to be a howto on this project as so many people have done this. post a link if need be.. thak you everyone! :tup:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
use a filler primer for the first couple of coats to make sure u got all the wrinkles out of the dash. then wet sand it to make sure u have got them all out. ur dash is still goin to flex with heat and cold so try to find a felible paint that wont crake up. i used blue metal cast with krylon crystal clear on mine and havent had any problems with it

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Kingkaspr hit it right on the money. If you are inexperienced or don't have access to a paint gun or the money to pay a shop to do it, then Duplicolor rattle cans from Walmart is a cheap automotive paint that will adhere to the plastic. It is always recommended that you shoot paints and primers all of the same brand to ensure compatability between them. i.e. Duplicolor, primer, color, clear.
Different manufacturers may use different solvents within their paints that might affect the other.

After your primer coat, wetsand with 400 grit. Alternate between priming and wet sanding with 400 grit until all wrinkles are removed or covered.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
I replied to your other thread. I wrote a lot and provided pictures and information for you. Check it out.

And in the future try to limit yourself to one thread asking all these questions rather than several on the same topic damn near back to back.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
NickZigaitis said:
Kingkaspr hit it right on the money. If you are inexperienced or don't have access to a paint gun or the money to pay a shop to do it, then Duplicolor rattle cans from Walmart is a cheap automotive paint that will adhere to the plastic. It is always recommended that you shoot paints and primers all of the same brand to ensure compatability between them. i.e. Duplicolor, primer, color, clear.
Different manufacturers may use different solvents within their paints that might affect the other.

After your primer coat, wetsand with 400 grit. Alternate between priming and wet sanding with 400 grit until all wrinkles are removed or covered.
You know what im going to reccomend him nick?? Slick sand and dupont paint with chromaclear! Only the best for the best! Its what im going to use on my dash bro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts