S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a site or some kind of catalog I can get that shows different shades of paints like Candy's I want to paint my truck a candy red but I want to make sure which shade before I go to do it in the spring.

·
WANTED: 4" Bodydrop
686 Posts
best bet is to go into your local paint supply store and get actual real life color samples. cause lookin at paint over the internet is just plain stupid...

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
There are not alot of different shades of candy red. The way it appears different shades is in how it is applyed. Candy is a transparent base. So the more coats you put over your base color the darker it will be.

·
Got bondo dust?
243 Posts
PaintinDeezNuts said:
There are not alot of different shades of candy red. The way it appears different shades is in how it is applyed. Candy is a transparent base. So the more coats you put over your base color the darker it will be.

Yeah, you should probably get a let down panel/card sprayed, which will show the difference between the number of coats that are applied.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
thumpnsonoma said:
Yeah, you should probably get a let down panel/card sprayed, which will show the difference between the number of coats that are applied.
I take it you went to WyoTech. I graduated from there 4 years ago. Kick ass school!!!!!

·
Got bondo dust?
243 Posts
PaintinDeezNuts said:
I take it you went to WyoTech. I graduated from there 4 years ago. Kick ass school!!!!!
I'm actually still going there. Just got done with collision/refinishing so I'm halfway done, and now onto the real reason why I'm going there; Chassis Fab and then Trim and Upholstry. You're right, it's a pretty kickass school.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
Thats cool. I took collision/refinishing and then sheetmetal fab. It was awsome. Who are your collision instructors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts