S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my ss billet grille inserts in today, but the problem is, I painted that area of the grille silver last summer, b/c i did not have the money for the insert. Now I want the actual grille to be that dark grey color that it comes stock, so I need to get the paint of, it chips off pretty easy, I'm not sure if I should scrape it all off , which might not work to well on the criss cross part, or should I get some paint thinner, to remove it. I want to do this tomorrow, I can see the grille to much b/c of the siler color, instead of just the insert. What should I do?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one has any tips? need to know , b/b I want to finish the geille tomorrow, and if I need any supplies like paint thinner I have to run to the auto parts store

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
i say mask it off VERY good all the spots u dont want to remove than with a brush "paint" THe parts u want off with like paint thinner or even like nailpolish remover might work.. use a small brush towards the ends so u dont **** up.. thats my best advice

·
white guy from lodi
32 Posts
JUST PAINT OVER IT.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to get the old paint off by scraping it, but only got a little off. The guy at pepboys said he would not recommend paint thinner b/c it might melt the plastic. I wound up painting it black, looks a little bumpy up close do to me removing portions of old paint, but can barely notice. this did the job now you can't see behind the grille insert, looks a lot better, and in pictures and looking at it, you can only see the insert, not behind it. thanks for the info guys, it turned out good.

catfish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts