S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I really need your help here, the other day I backed into a pole witht he right rear portion of my bumper. There are two small scrapes in the paint and at the top of the bumper the paint is spider webbed. the total area is probably three inches squared. I tried to repair it with some touch up paint form the dealership by blending in the paint but the paint doesn't exactly match up and you can see the brush strokes. I'm stick here guys, I tried smoothing out the brush strokes with some rubbing compound but to no avail. I'm in college so of course I'm poor and trying to avoid having it repainted but I'm all out of ideas. Anyone have some suggestions on how I can fix this???? I appreciate any help or suggestions anyone has. Any idea on how much it would be to have it repainted?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i tried that gs-27 on my hold for a little scratch...made a bigger mess then what i had before.....best bet is probably gonna be a repaint.....

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
wtf does that have to do with paint? and untill i get it right:)

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
come on guys I am suprised somebody didn't say this earlier. Perfect time to get a roll pan, my dad backed into a fire hydrent SP and I just used some touch up paint it works fine and you cant even see it from 5 feet away unless you point it out. just use the touch up paint for now and plan on getting a roll pan.
and try not to back into anymore poles. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so basically I'm screwed here, well does anyone have a rough guess on how much it would be to have it repainted? I appreaciet all the help guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts