S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what you are all thinking, but, i dont like the looks of my chrome grille. I have a '94 s10, had the black factory grille painted white to match my truck, but upgraded to '97 Blazer composite headlamps, got a great deal, but, still not liking the chrome. Can i paint this or will it just peel off? A new painted grille from GM is $225.00 ouch!! Just thought id ask:)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have a '94 chrome grille, and it is not actually chrome (or metal for that matter - It's chrome color painted plastic), so I would assume you could sand and repaint it. I don't know if something has changed on the composite grille, but I don't see why you couldn't paint it.

DogP

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
it would look sweet

i like color matched grills on 94-97 trucks. the blazer composits are even better. sand it down really good and have it painted. it wont cost that much if you prep it for them.

G

·
hell yea you can paint them...just sand it, prime it and paint it....just be sure to sand lightly so you don't scratch up the plastic on the grill...soo..yeah you can paint it though...the chrome wears off anyway

·
*905* SO CAL *
12 Posts
s10sport1999 said:
nope...it won't stick... i bought a new one for 150 and had it painted for 75
or get it sand blasted on a not so high pressure (like 80) so its echied and prime it with a self eiching epoxy primer than paint, i did this with my uncle on his 63 nova console and it looks mint

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Jason said:
I know what you are all thinking, but, i dont like the looks of my chrome grille. I have a '94 s10, had the black factory grille painted white to match my truck, but upgraded to '97 Blazer composite headlamps, got a great deal, but, still not liking the chrome. Can i paint this or will it just peel off? A new painted grille from GM is $225.00 ouch!! Just thought id ask:)
the only thing that i have gotten from the dealership that wasnt expensive was a gm rollpan it was like 35 bucks gettin stuff from GM can be expensive

·
*905* SO CAL *
12 Posts
LilRed95 said:
the only thing that i have gotten from the dealership that wasnt expensive was a gm rollpan it was like 35 bucks gettin stuff from GM can be expensive
ya gm is a ****ing rip off... 500$ for a new buick regal driver heated mirror

1 - 8 of 8 Posts