S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im probably gonna get some edelbrock headers. what else do i need to finish my exhaust? i think i wanna get glasspacks. would this work? or would a cat-back exhaust give me more performance? i really dont know that much about exhaust, so excuse my stupidity. so start with those headers and tell me what i should get. thanks guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
glasspacks sound:gay: and they collapse. if i were you, go with a flowmaster delta flow, or, if you can find 'em, a reproduction of the old corvair turbo muffler. they sound absolutely badass.

·
Registered
66 Posts
oh, and your nickname kicks ass!:thumbup:

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
i dont know if you have ever heard of Spintech mufflers but they are really good mufflers.......all metal coils inside with no foam like some other exhuasts.........just my .02

·
Registered
66 Posts
So now when you get off the gas, it burbles, just like every other glass pack, making your truck sound quite:gay:

i reitterate- glasspacks sound :sheep:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Nemesis_152 said:
So now when you get off the gas, it burbles, just like every other glass pack, making your truck sound quite:gay:

i reitterate- glasspacks sound :sheep:
well, i guess it's you're own personal opinion about what you like/dislike.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Flows have the popping sounds too...and the longer you have them on the more you get it...In fact...My flows pop more than his glasspacks do...

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
Flows have the popping sounds too...and the longer you have them on the more you get it...In fact...My flows pop more than his glasspacks do...
yeah, you are right Z..lol

and mine only pops when 1.) i rev like that 2.) i downshift, and the rpm's jump over 3500....

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
im with y2k on this one. ive had a glasspack for a little over a year now. i LOVE the sound...it was mega cheap...and i do get compliments on it all the time. I would think flowmasters would flow better than a glasspack, but its negligable.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
I'd have to disagree, a little bit of burble is not :gay: Besides putting on stock exhaust, which is really :gay:, there is nothing I can do about the burble. :) I've had 2 different exhaust systems on my truck and they both burbled when off the gas (at higher revs).. Neither of which were glass packs. Its not like it :barf: all over the place. :)

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
i have a custom exhaust with high flow cat and 32" glass pack, and mine rocks, ask around or give me ur e-mail, i'll send u my wav. file on the exhaust

·
Registered
77 Posts
y2k, what kind of muffler do you have on that thing?!? It's sounds bad ass! Anyone ever heard one of those Ravin mufflers? What is the price on them?

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
s10rz,

You sure thats on a 4.3? That sounds great! Do you have a rundown, or do you have your exhaust going all the way out the back? You have any more sound clips?

Thanks!

Greg G.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
I'll get the orig. wav and seperate it for you to hear. I wish I had some of a drive by rather than from in the cab but maybe later.. My exhaust is 2.5" out the stock location. thanks for the compliment.

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
Cool. Let me know when you get that wav. file, id really like to hear it. I am going to do a Mganflow here on my truck w/in the next couple weeks.

Greg G.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spintech..my brother has the on his 5.9 R/T ...bad ass... i have the Ravin 33 series with dual 2.5 exits...sounds like his truck did before he removed his cat...now his just freakin screams. as for the Ravins...i got mine at midas i think the final price was 250 out the door for the muffler and install and tips..muffler is about 119 by itself

1 - 20 of 20 Posts