S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMy engine is spitting on at 1404 code at me and I'm kind of curious what would be the best way to go about fixing this. Every time I disconnect the battery cable, it will take 25-20 miles before the check engine light comes back on, and during that time my truck runs fine. But as soon as it comes back on it becomes doggy as hell... So I'm wondering if this would simply be a bad EGR valve or something else? According to what I looked up 1404 is EGR Closed Position Performance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Roadrunner=Chicken
12,816 Posts
Possibly stuck closed due to a carbon build up. Pull it and check the valve.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at it today, the lines to it are in good shape. But when I went to pull the unit off, the nuts holding it on were completely rounded off... any advice for how I should go about removal?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Looking at it today, the lines to it are in good shape. But when I went to pull the unit off, the nuts holding it on were completely rounded off... any advice for how I should go about removal?
Vise Grip pliers, or they also make something called an easy out socket set you can try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts