S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 2.2 s10, 270k miles

So Ive been trying for along time fixing a p0171 code, (rough idle, rarely dies at a stop, slow accelleration and towards the end staryed bogging down on hills) replacing parts, new intake gasket, cleaning TB etc, till finally a coworker hooked up his fancy snapon code reader and we discovered my rear o2 sensor has been acting up, so after I replaced that tje truck ran great better throttle response smoother idle and no more p0171, but after a day or 2 the 420 code poped (still runs good can push over 70pmh on a hill at 3500rpm)
So my question is do I still have a mystery sensor problem somewhere or is my cat bit the dust? At 270k that wouldent surprise me but before I start hashing out cash for a new cat I would like some more guidance on other fixes
*edit I replaced my upstream o2 sensor last year ago, albeit with a cheap oreilys universal one

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
That P0420 code is pretty clear. The exhaust gases smell the same coming out as they do going in. Not a lot of options there. Here Kitty Kitty.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,592 Posts
My 2002 did the same thing. I did the spark plug antifouler and drove it until the cat was rattling pretty badly, then replaced it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah thats what I was figuring, gotta get a new cat, knocked on it earlier no rattling so I got a little time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts