S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2001 s10 2.2 rough idles once warmed up to operating temperature (never noticed until it started getting warm outside), I have 3 codes being thrown P0178, P0410, P1137. I’ve looked all the codes up and it seems the only thing that could be causing it is my FCS, but today I tested my voltage going to the plug that plugs into the sensor, my ground is good, another is at a constant 5.0 like it should but my one that is supposed to test 12.0 is only 6.95... now I don’t know where to go from here, I know I need to trace the wire back for a short, but I’m not exactly sure where the wire goes, and if there are fuses or relays I should check in the process. Any insight is much appreciated, Thankyou!

·
It's mostly BS
2,815 Posts
Looks like 12V comes in on the pink wire from the ECM1 fuse:

·
Been there Done it
9,228 Posts
More or less. Should be whatever the battery reads. aprox. 11.5-12.5V. 13.5 when running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More or less. Should be whatever the battery reads. aprox. 11.5-12.5V. 13.5 when running.
So I tested the voltage going to the fuse and it reads right above 12, so I’m taking that as my wire is bad somewhere along the wire or is grounding out since I’m only gettin a reading of 6.95 at the sensor plug, or my plug is bad.

·
It's mostly BS
2,815 Posts
You can pull the connector off the bottom of the fuse box and locate pin A10 on C2 and measure directly between that contact and the contact on the FCS connector to see if you can find the resistance. Might be in the box somewhere, in the wire, or in the contacts on either end of the wire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I tested the voltage going to the fuse and it reads right above 12, so I’m taking that as my wire is bad somewhere along the wire or is grounding out since I’m only gettin a reading of 6.95 at the sensor plug, or my plug is bad.
You can pull the connector off the bottom of the fuse box and locate pin A10 on C2 and measure directly between that contact and the contact on the FCS connector to see if you can find the resistance. Might be in the
You can pull the connector off the bottom of the fuse box and locate pin A10 on C2 and measure directly between that contact and the contact on the FCS connector to see if you can find the resistance. Might be in the box somewhere, in the wire, or in the contacts on either end of the wire.
its reading right at the fuse box, so I’m guessing it’s either the write from the box to the plug that plugs into the sensor or the plug that plugs into the sensor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts