S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
low country dropshop
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says.....i own the biggest piece of shit ever created.

first on the list, it keeps frying coils and melting the insides of the distributor caps. then i try to put some headers on and that turns into a clusterfuk. over the last 2 weeks it has fouled about a bizillion spark plugs because the carbs keep overloading i guess. then this morning on my way home from work, it fouls another plug and i get pissed and try to blow the damn motor but before i do it rips the altanator bracket off and sends the belt around the radiator hose and tears it off, bends the fan just enough to cut into my radiator.......:rant:

fukk it, i guess i'll add it to my collection of other useless JUNK in my backyard to rust away

·
low country dropshop
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
two_fast_s10 said:
are you running a stock coil or a aftermarket one ?? if its a excel super coil at it to you junk pile and put the stock one back on and that should fix the prob.
it's a HEI distributor.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
So your say because its an HEI, it doesnt have a coil????

·
low country dropshop
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SweetS10V8 said:
So your say because its an HEI, it doesnt have a coil????
no....i know it's on top of the cap and it's the factory replacment coil and cap not an aftermarket one.

you know the little rod thing with the spring and rubber washer that that goes from the bottom of the coil through the distributor cap to the rotary button??? (probably not the best way to describe it) anyways, it keeps melting the "little rod thing" to the distributor cap and it eventually breaks off. and twice it has burned the coil up, it has black powder all over it and smells like it was burned.

also my altanator charges at 16-17 amps constantly, shouldnt it be 12-14amps? would that cause any of my problems?

·
Registered
471 Posts
are you running an MSD or any other type of ignition box?If your charging 16 volts id say theres a problem there too. what kinda alternator are you runnin?

·
low country dropshop
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bdazgmc said:
are you running an MSD or any other type of ignition box?If your charging 16 volts id say theres a problem there too. what kinda alternator are you runnin?
yeah, i ment volts not amps like i posted....

it doesnt have an ignition box from what i can see. there might be one hid somewhere, i'll have to look tomorrow. i looks like just a factory replacment alternator from advance/autozone...nothing special

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
hei suck buy msd probillet distributor and a msd 6al. Thats what I did that wil fix all your problems. Well not all...

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
hei suck buy msd probillet distributor and a msd 6al. Thats what I did that wil fix all your problems. Well not all...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Soul said:
Have your Alt checked out it should only be puttin 12-14 not 16-17, that could be alot of the prob.
what he said.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts