S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Freak of Nature
41 Posts
extremely fine steel wool or a razor blade. You want at least 000 grade steel wool. 0000 grade is preferred.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
wouldnt a mild paint polish work? thats what i used to get over spray off of my bumper.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Xtremer-pxl is right, never use anything other than a razor blade. Steel wool will fog the glass. It will be especially noticable if the glass is tinted.

The best way to get rid of overspray or paint on auto glass is use a spray bottle with clean water, a good sharp razor blade and a rag.

Mist the area with the spray bottle where you want to scrape the paint off. Then scrape the glass in one direction with the razor blade. Be careful not to tilt the blade, keep it flat against the glass at all times. Soak up and wipe the srcapings as you go. The paint scrapings can be surprisingly abbrasive especially if the paint has any metal content. Overspray of clearcoat isn't as bad though.

I know this from my experience in working in a glass shop.

G

·
Steel wool wont fog the glass as long as its a finer grain and you use plenty of lube like soapy water or window cleaner.

·
"I Like Mine With No Shine"
53 Posts
Whats wrong with just using Mineral Spirits, Laquer Thinner Or MEK or something like that?

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
HEY

use Mothers Clay bar system. Works like magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :drinkhaha

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well i notice detailers use steel wool the real fine stuff......never use on the tint....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts