S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing a used overhead console from a 98 Blazer in my 2001 Jimmy. Does anyone know the wiring pin-out for the 6-pin compass/ temp connector. I know pin 1 is 12 VDC and pin 2 is Ground. How about pins 3-6 ? I understand I need to buy the temp sensor that goes near the radiator. Does anyone know the part number ?
Thanks,

·
audio, video, and a boatload of knowhow
12 Posts
I don't have the info but if you go to www.ls1.com and go to the audio forum ask sshevy(moderator), he is in the process of putting in the compass and temp rearviews in a bunch of f-bodies. He may have the info you are looking for. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey, I got the same over head in my 89 Blaze Dog and what i have in mind to do is put a couple of blue l.e.d.s and on/off switches for my amps etc.... Youll always knowthe direction your going, and who cares about the temp unless you a old man..

K

·
0 Posts
that sounds like a good idea....might go to the junk yard this weekend

·
Registered
6 Posts
also, if you guys would like, a latching relay with ignition reset could be used on the temp, dirextion swiches. In other words tap the switch, your neons, bass, fog lights or what ever would come on untillyou either tapped it again, or set it off by turning off teh ignition... Just be creative and different. I am a installer of ten years and going.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts