S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Freak of Nature
41 Posts
Look's like the console out of a fullsize truck or suburban. How did you mount the back with the plastic tabs? Did you just cut holes in the head liner to put them in? What did you wire the lights into? Possibly the rearview mirror?:confused:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
looks sweet!

looks great!:cool: it looks like i am not the only one who wants to knw how you did that. how bout givin us a lil help in doin it ourselves?:D :drinkhaha

·
Med School member
179 Posts
it's from a blazer guys

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cool! I've been turning over in my head for the past few weeks whether this would work or not. Did you buy it new or is it a salvage piece? Cost? How was the install, and do you have any details to share?

-Chris

·
Med School member
179 Posts
He bought it off Ebay for 40 bucks, payed 50 to have it installed

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys...wish I could claim the work, but the thought of accidently dropping a hole in the roof convinced me to go to a local upholstery shop. The console is out of a 97 Blazer I got off ebay for 40 bucks...another 50 to have upholstered to match and mounted up. As of right now the lights don't work yet (guy at the shop refused to play with wiring), but now that the mounting holes are set, I plan to pull it down and run power to the lights, add some airbag guages to the first two maplights, and get the dome light working..maybe a switch or two for some neons are something.

believe it or not, there are only 3 screws holding it in place to the frame submembers:D

-and no tv (yet)

·
Registered
45 Posts
when you're ready for a tv and a dvd unit, let me know, i'll get you a killer deal. i am getting my dvd and tv installed hopefully tomorrow

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
I have tried working with the dealer on getting one but they side it will cost too much to get it working all the parts have to be orderd each it shows this on the computer. Some of the 02 BLAZER EXTREME's have them from the factory. And mine did not. I CAN'T get the dealers in my area to install one they said the roof liner and all the panels need to come off. One guy did not NO who he was F$$$$$$ with and said in a smart A$$ way (you need to order a NEW blazer X he he) I said (why can't I just order a console and BEAT YOUR A$$ with it)......the place got queit and his A$$ left. I'm still going to one more dealer it's a drive for me but I like it. If you guys see a dealer check for the 02 BLAZER X's the console is nice. :rant:

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
How about looking in the local junk yards...I'm sure ther are some totaled blazers in there by now!

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
I need a dvd for my truck too-------- 5 inch, in dash.....?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one of those overhead consle out a fullsize 95 blazer, how is it held up?

cause I wanna install mine

1 - 20 of 27 Posts