S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off will homelink operate more than one door ?

Second on the short consoles, what do you get besides homelink, lights and the electronic
display ? A sunglass holder or what ? Shorties available WITHOUT sunroof controls ?

On the longer versions do you get a sunglass holder, garage remote holder, cd holder ?
How many cd fit in there ? With cases?

Isn't it a bit bright with all the extra dome lights ? Two in the mirror and two in the console.
Long one has a rear light also ? Some vehicles you can turn off the console lights, how about these ? Thx...............

Bill E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,440 Posts
i think the garage door option only opens one door. The CD holder holds maybe 4 or 5 cds in the cases. The long ones have a sunglass holder i believe. I think all the short consoles have sunroof controls becasue they came on blazers with sunroofs..thats why their short. Also, you can unplug the mirror lights, or get a mirror without lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I personally don't want sunroof controls with no sunroof, would bug me. Got two garage doors so that is a problem. Sunglass holder isn't very handy since I've had one of those anyway I end up putting them in the lower center console because it is quicker. Lights are redundant. Don't particularly want the compass.

Cd holder could be handy. Temp display would be nice. Don't know if these two items make it worth the trouble. Since I don't want the sunroof controls I guess I am stuck with the long overhead console.

One problem I have with the long one is the rear light in it will be close to the already existing dome light in the truck. Appreciate any thoughts on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
ur homelink can operate 3 diffrent doors i know i use to install garage doors and setup homelinks all the time. u just have to erase the previous codes that are in the homelink by holdin the outside 2 buttons down untill the light indicator blinks fast. the short console doesnt have a sunglass holder only the long ones i believe. the short ones do have the display homelink and 2 lights not sure if it has the sunroof controles on it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kingkaspr said:
ur homelink can operate 3 diffrent doors i know i use to install garage doors and setup homelinks all the time. u just have to erase the previous codes that are in the homelink by holdin the outside 2 buttons down untill the light indicator blinks fast. the short console doesnt have a sunglass holder only the long ones i believe. the short ones do have the display homelink and 2 lights not sure if it has the sunroof controles on it or not.

3 buttons on these ? Each button can open a different door ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HofinaterSS said:
:rolleyes: Just a suggestion man... Nobody's making you get an overhead console
Here is another suggestion. Next time before opening your mouth THINK ! If you are making some sort of SMARTA$$ comment instead of trying to help someone just stop and think first. Maybe everyone does not want to hear your BS ? Don't you have a avatar stating "NO MORE BS" ? Take your own advice and stop acting your age !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jetmeck said:
3 buttons on these ? Each button can open a different door ?
So again if anyone knows I would appreciate any info on this. I thought it operated one door and the other buttons were for programming and such ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kingkaspr said:
nah man each button can operate one door so u can operate 3 different doors but u will need the remote control fo that door to program the homelink if u need a step by step on how to program email me and ill give u a step by step
Thanks for the info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,440 Posts
Jetmeck said:
Here is another suggestion. Next time before opening your mouth THINK ! If you are making some sort of SMARTA$$ comment instead of trying to help someone just stop and think first. Maybe everyone does not want to hear your BS ? Don't you have a avatar stating "NO MORE BS" ? Take your own advice and stop acting your age !
:haha: angry old people :rotf:
 

·
Bowtie Supply, RIP
Joined
·
243 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top