S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my s10 blazer when im cruising around 55-60 in overdrive it seems to kick from 2k then up to 2.5.....then back down to 2....it keeps kicking out of overdrive, but not into passing gear. Its like when u go up a hill.....it doesnt kick into passing, it just gives a few more rpms.......but mine does it all the time. what do you guys think? trans flush? maybe some of that seafoam trans tune? keep in mind.......this is my winter beater....we're goin the cheap route here......

·
zippy
733 Posts
it sounds like the converter is unlocking on you. i that's the case you're still in o/d. changing the fluid would be a good start, but likely you have a tcc problem which could be a solenoid, bad t.c., etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Added a bottle of LUCAS "stop slip".........feels like a new tranny.....no more probs!! I Highly recommend this stuff!!

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
just give it a few days it will come back...mine did...i added lucas got a transmission flush and filter change the works...still does it....mine is a 99 2.2 automatic and from 48-60 it does just as you say..acts as if it is shifting from overdrive to 3rd for a split second...the rpms rev up then go back down...i cant afford a new tranny just gonna run it till it blows the fock up i guess

·
Registered
7 Posts
db machine said:
just give it a few days it will come back...mine did...i added lucas got a transmission flush and filter change the works...still does it....mine is a 99 2.2 automatic and from 48-60 it does just as you say..acts as if it is shifting from overdrive to 3rd for a split second...the rpms rev up then go back down...i cant afford a new tranny just gonna run it till it blows the fock up i guess
I have a 96 Blazer LT and mine does the same with 140k miles on it. I also can't afford a transmission overhaul right now, so i am just going to ride it out. How long do you all think it will last?? I flushed the fluid and put some additives to help on the slipping, helped a little but still does it.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
i talked to a guy a while back here on the forums and his truck did it for 40,000 miles until he traded it in....your right the additives only help for a little while...mine does it when the truck warms up...i can pull out of my driveway hit the country road and go 55 for about 7 miles then about a mile later it starts...funny thing is that it starts at the same spot on the same road everytime i drive it...then after the 8 miles it does it about every 45 to 60 seconds....

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, have any of you heard exactly what the problem is? It seems like a torque converter thing to me 'cause when mine does it I can press the accelerator to add RPM and that is when it goes back into OD. I swapped out the filter and the 5 qt. that came out w/ that a couple mo. ago and it worked for a few weeks and came back. Yest. I tried to drop the pan and just replace the fluid I drained and that didn't help any.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here's a couple of things to look at that could be causing your issues

Engine temp-if your thermostat is not allowing it to stay hot enough, it will kick out of TCC lockup

Brake switch adjustment-this will kick everyones butt if it's not right. Had brake light switches at the point where a little bump will trigger it closed & kick out of TCC lockup.

O2 sensor not allowing it to stay in closed loop operation, kick out the TCC.

You will need a monitor to see these signals but they are alot easier to fix than overhaul a trans that there's nothing wrong with. Seen shops do it before and then beat their heads against a wall when it still acts up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, got lost in the mix there. So, i'm checking back in to pull the post back to the front. Any help on my last couple ?'s would be great.
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts