S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
ive seen that done on hoppers..that way they can fit large bags like 2800s or rs82s. the bag is actually mounted to the lower control arm it pivots with 4 link bushing type end so the bag stays more straight. also you can mount the end close to the control arms pivot point so you can get more lift and hop easier

·
_-¯xcess [ )raggage
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right on the money, actually the only reason we did it this way was because I wanted to do something I hadn't done before.

·
_-¯xcess [ )raggage
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonnna wait till both sides are done b4 i address the strutbar issue. And i guess this would be a pretty good idea for 4x4's. We've got a montero to bag and b/d soon, might have to keep this in mind...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
yeah ALOT of the t-bar trucks have been doing that lately....looks good tho...

·
Registered
24 Posts
could the bag be mounted in the same fashion, but to the upper control arm? i've seen it done with hyrdo's before, and also seen 4x4's run their shocks from up there...just wondering what you guys thought...

·
_-¯xcess [ )raggage
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, shocks and hydros are solid, a bag will deflect every direction possible in this setup, so if it were mounted to the top, there would have to be a bolt thru mounts that came off the bottom of the upper arm so it wouldnt twist sideways...

·
V8 with bags
7,374 Posts
umm i know a few people on blazinlow that are running tha tsame thing on there 4x's for years and have had no problems what so ever. SO it works fine It shouldnt move anymore than with it in the springs pocket. The angles that it compresses and raises are the same angles as in the pocket. It works just fine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts