S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2.2 s-10 after about 2 mins of acclerating i will be cruising at about 75-80 mph and the eshaust has a weird noise at about 75 and up. Is this normal and what is it? and what make the "mouse" sqeak in the eshaust?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No my eshaust is not loose, I was driving with my dad's friend who works at Gm and he is like "how do you like your mouse?" and i didn't understand it and he told me to floor it, and when you floor it for a while your eshaust make a mouse sqeak noise
I guess it is how it is designed

·
Registered
697 Posts
windows up or down? tuck in the dumbo ears and see if it still makes that noise.
dumbo ears = mirrors

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
windows up and elephant ear out.....but has nothing to do with it because i will have it at 80 right and give it more gas it will make a muffled eshaust noice and when i get off it will not be as loud and fade away when i slow down.

B'Ballz do you have a screenname or e-mail? i would like to contact you about some of your mods

·
Registered
697 Posts
i dont know if this will help but i just remembered something that we talked about a long time ago. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=166608#post166608
i dont know where it was coming from but it was a squeeking sound.

PS. you might ask others about their mods. I have minimal mods compared to most of the guys here.

1)Volant came with the truck when I bought it.
2)Quad4 TB is a creation of ZQ8 Dawg's.
3)Spacer doesnt help any but has a cool little whistling sound.
4)Zexel was $100 from www.slponline.com (lie about your vehicle year or they'll say it wont fit. they lie just ask anyone here)
5)ASP pulleys helped to free up a little HP. rpm's rise and drop quicker now.
6)Efan came out of a Taurus SHO with minor modifications (a little cutting did wonders). i also have a 180º thermostat and an adjustable thermostat controller installed to keep it cool.
7)Flowtech Afterburner muffler isnt made any more. I had it on my last car for a couple of weeks til i could afford headers and dual exhaust then it sat on my porch uncovered for 4 years til i put it on the truck. sounds as good as the day i bought it except its on a 4cyl now instead of the V8 i had.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah i hear squeeks sometimes from my 03 at high speeds or on bumpy roads and its not the exhaust its most likely your tailgate just like on my truck , they tailgates arent hinged very tightly and the small movements from wind and junk make it move causing squeeking.

·
Registered
102 Posts
whoops sorry i didnt read his second post , the mouse squeek is the engine sucking air through your tiny air intake , when you floor it its creating massive suction which makes the squeeling squeeky noise

·
Registered
125 Posts
I still get the noise with my cold air intake on it's embarresing hitting the gas and having that thing squeel I even put a new gibson exhaust on it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts