S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys I just got off the phone with STLIN CONCEPTS. I ordered the K&N intake for the little 2.2. 231.45 shipped and will be here no later than monday.

yiiiipppppyyyy. I can't wait to here what it sounds like with my flowmaster muffler. wooooo hooooooo.

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
yudruln said:
well guys I just got off the phone with STLIN CONCEPTS. I ordered the K&N intake for the little 2.2. 231.45 shipped and will be here no later than monday.

yiiiipppppyyyy. I can't wait to here what it sounds like with my flowmaster muffler. wooooo hooooooo.
Congrats! I think you'll be very happy with the K&N. It's a simple install... actually the hard part for me was yanking out all the original intake crap. i had to remove the fan shroud to get the silencer out... just to prepare you. Total install time should be well under an hour.

oh yeah, almost forgot... the IAT sensor and gromet are a biatch to get in the intake tube. Don't put the gromet on the tube first and dont put the gromet on the sensor all the way then try to install it. What i found to work pretty easily was to lube(spit :idea: ) the gromet, then put it just a little ways on the sensor, then i just pushed the whole thing in, popped in pretty smooth.

Good luck!

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not that great with installing stuff. SO I will go over the directions and hopefully I don't ***** anything up

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
yudruln said:
i'm not that great with installing stuff. SO I will go over the directions and hopefully I don't ***** anything up
It's a piece a cake! all you need is a smallish socket wrench with a nice long extension and a screwdriver. It's actually pretty fun ripping all that original stuff out. :D

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kewl. The directions walk u right through it then?

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
yudruln said:
kewl. The directions walk u right through it then?
Pretty much... the silencer threw me for a loop, cuz there is no mention of it in the instructions.

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What and where is the silencer at????

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Indigo99LS said:

Pretty much... the silencer threw me for a loop, cuz there is no mention of it in the instructions.

Yeah no kidding they over killed on the stock intake on these trucks....the silencer is like a muffler for your intake and its like 3 miles under all the tubeing, lol

I would have like to have gotten the K&N but I got the volant instead, lucky ducks

Ranger Rick :rolleyes:

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMFAO. Well I hope I like the inatke and from what it sounds like it makes a big difference. I have the drop in filter and I don;t think that did anything.

I can't wait to hear what it's going to sound like with my Flowmaster.

I heard dan"s volant and it sounded good when he got on it. SO i'm hoping that the K&N will be louder and plus the exhaust.

wooooo hooo.

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
I think so, I had my gibson put on 1st and it was louder, but the intake is much louder then exhaust IMO

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds good to me. can't wait

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no idea about this kinda stuff so It may be a little harder for me to do. Where is the silencer and what does it look like

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
here ya go...

by the way... "plactic" is not a real word... LOL :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks like is gonna be a biacccccccccccttttth to take off. did u cut the clamp that holds the silencer on?

So pretty much you need to put the intake together and take all the other stuff off.

Inatke doesn't come together? owell that makes it more fun.

then fire it up and then I will think I RICER lmao not really jsut kidding

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tHANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I OWE you one

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
It's not THAT hard to get out. Just loosen the clamp and pull it and the intake tube apart(do this after you've already taken the tube off the airbox and the TB thingy.) Then to get the silencer out... it really only takes a few minutes to remove the fan shroud.

The intake doesn't come built up... the hardest parts are getting the IAT sensor/gromet in the tube and getting the **** weatherstripping around the heatshield(you'll see :))

·
Med School member
179 Posts
sorry to dig this one back up....but I was wondering if any of you have the Helix TB spacer with a K&N Gen II?

mine should be here soon, and I want to know if it will fit ok with the spacer. The Factory didnt go in easy (minor shaving equired)
thanx

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
I don't have the TB spacer, but i know JRod has it with the Volant intake and i believe he said it went in pretty easily. If that's the case, it would be a sinch with the K&N as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts