S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Look When Backing Up
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally ordered my fron bag kit from jason :headbang: i cant wait for it to get here, this is my very first bag kit i cant wait to install it, so anyways i was just reall excited so i thought i would let all of you know how excited i was...oh and if anyoine could help me and tell me what kind of fittings i should use that would be great(i have 1/2" fill and 3/8" dumps, and 1/2" line) thanks Joe

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
The best thing to do is to draw the complete kit you bought. I have PTC fittings on mine or you could use compression fittings. Just don't go to Home Depot or Lowes to get them and make sure they DOT approved.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Draw out your components on a piece of paper once you get them, so you know what size ports are on it all.

Then determine what size's you'll need, and if you'll need straights or elbows. If someone tells you what you'll need, then ya won't learn. Thats the fun in baggin a truck, you gotta learn.

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
yup, I'm on bagged truck #2 and have been involved in a few installs, I'm not a expert by any means, but I know what needs to be done and what to do.

·
No Kitty!!
1,717 Posts
Joe, this is Kyle. Give me a call sometime, when you get everything I might be able to help out.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
yo good luck, i just got in my first bag kit, going to be good times! good luck!

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
virgin here as well...plan on learning every thing i have...back is going to wait til funds come in, but i still plan on doing the majority of it all

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
i went to an 18 wheeler place and bought all the lines and fittings from them

and i wouldnt use teflon tape id use locktight pipe dope stuff

holds up better and doesnt flake off like the tape and get into ur lines and stuff

·
Look When Backing Up
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much do yall think all the fittings will cost? i plan on putting the valves by the bags so i will need fittings for coming out og the tank and fittings to connect to the valves and fittings to connect the 2 valves together...right or are the some more that i need....just so you know i have an 8 port tank and i am running 2 lines one for the left and one for the right and i have 1/2 fill and 3/8 dumps...and suggrestions is greatly appreciated

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
well all the air line and fittings where i get them from where over $100

1 - 12 of 12 Posts