S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 82 std cab longbed has been diagnosed with cancer. I am looking at replacing the cab and bed etc. with new. Can I use an extended cab/shortbed combo or am I stuck with the orig. setup?:sawzall:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
all the body mounts would have to be changed it would be CHEAPER + alottt EASYIER to get a new s-10 and swap the pieces

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i was talking about the body mounts for the cab and bed sorry i used to have the picture of the different body mounts (lost it in a pile of crap) basicly you can keep the front mounts till you come to the extended area and then you will need to cut the 6-8 others and reposition them ( im pretty sure that the frame setup is the same lenth)

·
Registered
193 Posts
At least in my area, you can buy decent S10's for less than what it would cost to buy and put a different cab and bed on your frame. Also, cab swaps are a tedious, PITA. I did one on an old Toyota and I'll never do it again.

That being said, yes the frame is the same length, but you'll have to reposition the front bed and rear cab mounts.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What, exactly, sucked about the cab swap? Mines pretty stripped (no power windows, A/C, etc) maybe not as bad?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Rhansen said:
What, exactly, sucked about the cab swap? Mines pretty stripped (no power windows, A/C, etc) maybe not as bad?
Size of the cab more than anything, but the wiring was also a pain. It's not really difficult, there's just a lot of little things.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got my seats against the back of the cab and I can't straighten my legs. If it was a stick I would hate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts